Friday, September 4, 2009

Best Birthday Cake Evah!



It's chocolate. It's peanut butter. It's cake. What's not to love?

Chocolate, chocolate chip cake, peanut butter cream cheese frosting and chocolate peanut butter ganache! OMG! So rich. So good. Requires lots and lots of cold milk!

I can't lie ... I adapted the recipe from Smitten Kitchen. It's not as pretty as hers but damn it was goooooooooooooooooooooooood!

The changes I made were small. I used my own cake recipe and only made 2 layers. I also added a bit of salt to the filling/frosting and found that I needed to thin it with a bit of milk. The chocolate peanut butter ganache was hands down the best thing I have ever tasted!

2 comments:

Samantha Stanley said...

do you think this could be done with nutella instead of peanut butter? i'm addicted to hazelnuts right now...

Jenna said...

I am sure you can use nutella but I am gonna guess that you may have to adjust the sugar and possibly the cream cheese. It's been ages since I've eaten nutella and at the moment can't quite imagine hazelnut and cream cheese together but then again you may just want to come up with your own "nutella mousse" to fill and frost the cake with.

Post a Comment